Welcome to the Pueblo Transit Study Project Website!
Since 1949, Pueblo Transit has been operating safe and reliable bus service. Over the past several decades, the City has seen notable changes, including new retail centers, new residential developments, shifting population demographics, and changing job markets. To address these changes and better understand how existing riders are using current transit service, Pueblo Transit is undergoing its first formal transit study.
The Pueblo Area-Wide Transit Functionality Study is an effort led by the City of Pueblo and sponsored by the Pueblo Area Council of Governments (PACOG) to conduct an comprehensive evaluation of public transit services in Pueblo.
This project has several primary objectives:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the existing the Pueblo Transit system.
- Solicit input from current and potential riders to determine how transit can better meet their needs.
- Develop a plan for how transit can be improved in the Pueblo area over the next 5 years.
- Identify a financial and capital plan that will implement transit improvements and investments.
- Increase ridership and transit mode share.
We are very interested in input from the community on how to improve Pueblo Transit. We encourage you to use this site to learn about this project and we look forward to your comments and feedback.